|The Burning Reaper|
This is a player-created Build for Dark Souls. If you want help making your own build, you can consult this useful page on how to make a build by Blaine.
- Build Name: The Burning Reaper
- Build Level: 125
- Build Focus: PvP
- Starting Class: Cleric
- Build Main Stats:
- Link to Dark Souls Calculator: Add link here.
- Right Hand: Great Scythe, Demon's Spear, Iaito, Balder Side Sword, +15 Estoc, Black Bow of Pharis
- Left Hand: Grass Crest Shield +15, Heater Shield +15 (for Parrying)
- Head: Mask of the Mother/Crown of Dusk or Dark Sun
- Chest: Giant's Armor/Havel's Armor
- Hands: Giant's Gauntlets
- Legs: Giant's Leggings
- Rings: Dark Wood Grain Ring/Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring/Hornet Ring/Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, Ring of Favour and Protection
- Spells: Tranquil Walk of Peace, Fire Tempest/Power Within, Fire Tempest/Poison Mist/Acid Surge, Fire Tempest, Great Combustion/Black Flame
Melee Focused Version: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/The+Burning+Reaper
No TWoP/Pure Pyromancy Version: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/The+Burning+Reaper+%28Pure+Pyromancy%29
- Very high HP (1828 HP)
- High damage output with Pyromancy spam.
- Excellent stamina and stamina regeneration.
- Excellent defense: Good reach, very high defenses, resists, poise and ninja flipping.
- Highly versatile. Flexible movesets + reach + Heater Shield parrying + Composite Bow + 8 attunement slots + TWoP and Pyromancy allows you to handle a wide variety of threats.
- Great at crowd control.
- 45 Dex gives you the fastest cast time possible.
- Great Scythes/Fire Tempest require caution when in use due to high recovery or start up times.
- Damage output heavily diminished after Pyromancy is exhausted.
- Prebuff -> Cast Tranquil Walk of Peace -> Ambush/Engage Enemy -> Fire Tempest -> Finish with dead angled Great Combustion/Black Flame.
- High poise and HP allow you to poise through almost any hit to deliver a devastating Fire Tempest, so don't be afraid to bait a hit in order to get off a Tempest.
- Exploit high poise to backstab/Great Combustion/Great Fireball through enemy attacks.
- When spells are depleted, attack with Gold or Rotten Pine Resin buffed +15 weapons.
- Remember to prep/buff with Green Blossoms.
- Crown of Dusk/Dark Sun and/or Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring especially recommended when ambushing with Fire Tempest.
- If you're willing to prepare heal spells, chug estus, burn Humanity, or take a chance, prepare and use Power Within for devastating melee attacks/spells. Remember to use an unupgraded Pyromancy Flame and Lingering Dragoncrest Ring to cast Power Within in order to minimize the health drain!
Note: Sinking 2 points from Vitality and/or Endurance into Strength is recommended if you want to use the Avelyn crossbow.