This is a player-created Build for Dark Souls. If you want help making your own build, you can consult this useful page on how to make a build by Blaine.
- Build Name: Paladin Tank
- Build Level: 210+
- Build Focus: PvP
- Build Main Stats: Vit/End/Faith Utilitarian
- Link to Dark Souls Calculator: Add link here.
- Armor= Your preferred medium armor set, I personally like the Dark Armor or the Paladin Armor sets due to the good defense/weight ratio.
- Rings= Ring of Favor and Protection is a staple for this set, and it should be paired with either the Ring of the Sun's Firstborn or Cloranthy Ring as a focus on miracles/melee.
- Left hand Items= Main: Giant Shield Secondary: Darkmoon Talisman
- Right Hand Weapons= I personally like having a +10 Divine Halberd but your main can be any preferred +10 divine weapon used one handed to make use of the shield.
For your secondary you need a good enhanceable weapon to be used with Sunlight Blade.
- Miracles= Lightning Spear, Great Lightning Spear, Sunlight Spear, and Sunlight Blade.
This build is viable in both PvP and PvE. The only boss i have found issues with this build is Gwyn Lord of Cinder. Other than that you can defeat any boss without need of help, although it doesn't hurt to have friends. I usually PvP in Darkroot Garden. The basis of the build is to do the majority of your heavy lifting with your shield and divine weapon. I switch to the spears when i want to stay away from enemies or just out of reach, or i know the target has low lightning resist. The Sunlight blade is used on your basic +15 weapon against tough targets or bosses (other than Gwyn)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!