This is a player-created Build for Dark Souls. If you want help making your own build, you can consult this useful page on how to make a build by Blaine.
- Build Name: Geralt
- Build Level: 79
- Build Focus: PvE
- Build Main Stats:
- Starting Class: Thief (Hunter is also a good starting class, but, to my knowledge, Geralt never uses a bow. Choice of class was strictly for "armor". I think Thief looks more like Witcher)
- Gift: Pendant (no, you don't wear it, but Geralt always wears a pendant so having it means something)
- Covenant: Warriors of Sunlight (see discussion in the next section)
- Link to Dark Souls Calculator: Add link here.
- Right Hand: Claymore Occult +5 (RH1), Longsword +15 (RH2)
- Left Hand: Talisman of Choice (LH1), Pyromancer Flame +15 (LH2)
- Head: --
- Chest: Black Leather Armor
- Hands: Black Leather Gloves
- Legs: Black Leather Boots
- Rings: Darkmoon Seance, Hornet Ring
- Spells: Great Heal, Emit Force, Wrath of the Gods, Sunlight Blade, Great Combustion, Power Within
- This is meant to be just a fun Role Playing build. It'll be challenging since it mandates NO SHIELD!
- INT is leveled up just to be able to use "cast light" for the Tomb of the Giants. That's just my bias and not mandatory.
- The Warriors of Sunlight covenant is based on the fact that there's really no "boss" in the covenant and Witchers work for hire. So summoning for co-op is a perfect "monster hunter for hire" mode since you're being summoned and paid to defeat some nasty monsters! Plus I'm a Sunbro for Life! \ \ [T] / / Praise the Sun!
- Rings are just suggestions. Geralt uses a lot of magic, but based on what he uses, it matches more with Miracles and Pyromancy for DS. So the recommended Darkmoon Seance Ring is just for added attunement. Feel free to not level it up and use other rings. Because there is NO poise, the Wolf Ring is a good choice.
- Left Hand "weapon" could also be "Dark Hand" since this is "magic" and not a true shield. Geralt does use some wards/spells that boost his defense, but this one really feels like it's crossing the line only for the reason that the major challenge to this build is NO SHIELD!!! For this reason, Dark Hand is not listed below in the weapon section.
- It's Geralt of Freaking Rivia!
- You get to play as Geralt
- Did I mention Geralt?
- Relatively easy build to acheive in NG with minimal farming
- It's a challenge. Yes, that's a pro. This build expects you to play DS with NO SHIELD!!!
- Lots and lots of Jolly Cooperation!
- No real "scaling" benefit. The best scaling probably comes from the Occult Claymore and the 30 Faith. But the Dex/Stregth scaling is weak.
- NO SHIELD!!! Yeah, this is where most of us will be in over our heads.
- No parry! This means backstabs and hack n' slash!
- No poise