This is a player-created Build for Dark Souls. If you want help making your own build, you can consult this useful page on how to make a build by Blaine.
- Build Name: Royal Tank
- Build Level: 101 (105)
- Build Focus: PvE
- Starting Class: Bandit
- Starting Gift: Master Key
- Build Main Stats: Click
- Link to Dark Souls Calculator: Click here
- Right Hand
- Greatsword +15 (lightning +5) / Zweihander Lightning +5 / Demon's Greataxe +15.
- Choise of the player, any Dragon Weapon, except Priscilla's Dagger.
- Left Hand
- Havel's Greatshield
- Right Hand
- Havel's Ring (you need weight increase)
- Ring of Steel Protection / Spell Stoneplate Ring / Flame Stoneplate Ring / Thunder Stoneplate Ring (depends of the situation)
- Covetous Gold Serpent Ring(farming humanity/titanite)
- Covetous Silver Serpent Ring(soul Farming)
- First Set to be obtained: Havel's Set
- Second Set to be obtained: Black Iron Set
- Third Set to be Obtained: Giant's Set
-Tank builds are not based on speed but yes on Hard defense. If you like to dodge not the build for you.
-Simple note, tanks need HP so the more HP you got the better. You'll kinda look like Havel in the end until you choose to look like tarkus.
NO MAGIC, learn to play without this!
Use the Battle Axe, it's a great beggining weapon for full damage. Plus try to get the other 4 points in STR so you can use any STR weapon and havel's greatshield so the end of the build is at lvl 105 and not 101 as stated in the stats part.
HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK :D
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This is a terrible tank build. Armor from early to late game should look like this: Stone Havel/Black Iron (or skip both) Giant. Only use Giant once you have all pieces to +5. Also, the shield will not block anything at 46 strength. It takes 50 to wield. Either push strength to 50 or make a great-shield of Artorias with Sif's soul. It is almost as good as Havel's and need less strength and weight to wield. The rings should be Havel's and Favor and Protection. Best weapon options (no order): Zweihander +15 Great Club +15 Large Club +15 All of these do well with strength builds and at either 46 or 50 strength these will do better at +15 than split with lightning. If you want range then take dex to 12 and use the Short Bow early game and the Composite Bow late game.
Getting really heavy mid-game armor vs pressing the roll button lol
Isn't it better to upgrade your weapon to +15?If you upgrade your weapon to lightning the attribute bonuse gets lost. That will make it harder in NG+
What about before we get to an or London for Havel's set what do we use?